Summer Reading: Part Deux

About a month ago I posted my summer reading list , so since I've read through most of them (plus some others), I thought I'd g...


About a month ago I posted my summer reading list, so since I've read through most of them (plus some others), I thought I'd give brief reviews here.

  1. The Next Best Thing - I finished this on my trip to Seattle, and Jennifer Weiner did NOT disappoint! I loved it. 
  2. Girls in White Dresses - Honestly, this one was my least favorite. It was ok, but I don't think I'd read it again. It was confusing keeping track of who was who, as each chapter is told from a different character's point of view. And although I can relate to the fact that it feels like everyone else is moving on with their lives and getting married and having babies, it wasn't enough to really keep me engaged (no pun intended, I swear!) in the book. 
  3. Where We Belong - Emily Giffin didn't disappoint! I liked this one better than Heart of the Matter, and I LOOOVED her choice of characters that popped up from a previous book (although I always want to know more about what happened to them...). 
  4. Sorority Sisters - I really liked this one, even though at first it was also hard to keep track of who was who at the beginning. But the bond between the characters was deep enough that as a reader I was emotionally invested in them too. 
  5. What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20 - I admit it...this is the only book I haven't read on this list! I promise I'm going to get to it, Mom! (Has anyone reading this read this book? What'd you think?)
  6. Wife 22 - I actually read this one first, to be a part of The Everygirl's reading club (but then I couldn't resist reading past the set point each week so didn't actually participate for fear of accidentally spoiling something for someone else!). I loved the twist at the end, and it made me want to go over and read the book again with that perspective in mind! 
All in all - my list didn't disappoint me, so I'm really happy about that!

I also read a few other books this past month: 

  1. Thirty Things... - this was so good. I hadn't read non-fiction in ages and it was so good! It's a tiny little hardcover book, filled with essays from people like Lauren Conrad, Lisa Ling, Taylor Swift, and Portia de Rossi. Read this even if you're already thirty, are not yet thirty, or are beyond thirty - trust me. 
  2. The Opposite of Me - this is the second book I've read by this author, and it was so good I read the entire thing in one night and then proceeded to chat online to the BFF until 4am. haha It's about twin sisters and identities, and personal crises. Loved it.
  3. & 4. It's a Waverly Life and Honey on Your Mind are sequels 2 and 3 to Perfect on Paper, which I loved. (Plus right now they're both $2.99 each if you buy the Kindle version - bargain!) These books made me miss living in San Francisco even more than I already do! They're mostly about dating disasters and coming into your own, but in a very lighthearted, funny way. Perfect beach reads!
Have you read anything good lately?

You Might Also Like

8 comments



  1. Great post !

    I will check them out on Amazon they look cool :)

    Love,

    Janice
    the-fashion-milkshake.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this!! I LOVE reading, but sadly have not had much time recently to do so. I was just thinking that I wanted to pick out a new book, but didn't know which one to choose. Thanks for the recommendations!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate feeling like I have nothing to read, so I totally understand! Most of my reading was done on the subway...haha

      Delete
  3. yay I love new books recommendations!

    xo Jackie
    ...livingaftermidnite

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read Wife 22 while on vacation and it was good - perfect for the beach! I'm also almost through with Where We Belong and I like it, too! Both books were your recommendations and I can't wait to see what you can recommend beyond "summer reads".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I'm glad you liked my recommendations! I'll definitely continue to post reading updates as I devour book after book :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram