Summer Reading

Top Image Via One thing about me is I love to read. I can lose myself in a book and barely come up for air - for example, when my sis...

Top Image Via

One thing about me is I love to read. I can lose myself in a book and barely come up for air - for example, when my sister and I were younger and she got a copy of the 4th Harry Potter - I had to wait like 2 weeks for her to finish it so when I finally got my hands on it, I literally sat on my grandma's couch all day and didn't budge until I finished it that evening. (We were visiting her in Cali that summer.) Ridiculous. Or a more recent example - when I got sucked into the 2nd and 3rd books of the Hunger Games trilogy - I pretty much fell asleep reading it and then woke up early the next day to continue reading until I was finally done. It's probably bad for my health, but it's been a passion of mine since I first learned to read! (The Cat in the Hat was the first book I ever read on my own. I still remember the thrill of realizing I could read every word! Life changing, I'm telling you.)

Anyway, summer is the perfect time to catch up on reading, and books, since there are countless hours spent poolside, at the beach, or in parks. And there's nothing like some great "chick lit" for content! Plus, there are a few new releases that I'm really looking forward to, so without further ado, my summer reading list:
  1. The Next Best Thing, by Jennifer Weiner. The first book of hers that I read was Good in Bed, and her writing, and the stories she tells, just sucked me right in. In this novel, the protagonist is a woman named Ruth living in LA and working as a writer for her own TV show. This one is actually brand new today, so go snatch it up! If you're not swayed by my words, and you have a kindle, you can download "Swim" for free - it's the short story she initially wrote that led to writing this full-length novel.
  2. Girls in White Dresses, by Jennifer Close. (Out in paperback, which is convenient if you don't own an eReader!) I first saw this at The Strand about a month ago, and it's about 3 friends who feel like everyone around them is getting married, while none of them are anywhere close. (Hello, this sounds familiar...oh wait, that's my life. haha)
  3. Where We Belong, by Emily Giffin. Something Borrowed is one of my all-time favorite books, and I've read everything Emily Giffin's written since then! I know I'm going to be reading this when it comes out on the 24th without even reading the premise. 
  4. Sorority Sisters, by Claudia Welch. About 3 friends who join a sorority in the '70s, and how they remained friends. 
  5. What I Wish I Knew When I Was 20, by Tina Seelig. My mom actually read this and recommended it to my sister and me.
  6. Wife 22, by Melanie Gideon. This is book #1 for The Everygirl's Book Club, and I've always wanted to do a book club-type thing - and since I can't get it together to do one "in real life", I'll join this one! Join with me? 

What's on your summer reading list? Are there any books you've read recently that you loved? Share!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I'm so glad you wrote this! I've been looking for a few new reads for this week at the beach and just downloaded two of these! Will let u know how it goes :)
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! Which ones did you download?? Can't wait to see what you think! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recommendations! I'm in need of some good pool reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Emily Giffin so "Where We Belong" is at the top of my summer reading list too!

    SHF
    thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram