How They Wear It: Skater Skirts

I haven't done one of my "How They Wear It" posts in a while, so thought it was about time! In case you missed how these post...

I haven't done one of my "How They Wear It" posts in a while, so thought it was about time! In case you missed how these posts were born:

I LOVE personal style/fashion blogs, because I love seeing the varied interpretations of current trends. One thing I do wish was made easier, however, is seeing different bloggers/people put together the same types of looks in their own way, or even the same blogger wear the same thing incorporated into different outfits. I found myself spending way too much time scrolling through various blogs or deep into the archives of any particular blog to examine these trends/looks more closely, and that's when the idea for this series was born! 
...

I love the shape of skater skirts - how it emphasizes the waist and hides the hips! Plus, they're generally in a mini length, making it ultra-flattering. I found a bunch of examples from two of my favorite style bloggers, Blair of Atlantic-Pacific and Wendy of Wendy's Lookbook! So how do these lovely ladies wear their skater skirts?




I have to say, I think I really love the peplum tops paired with the skirts! What's your favorite way to style a skater skirt? Would you wear one?

Update: click here to see how I wore my skater skirt!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. today I learned that these are called skater skirts! who knew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously living them paired with peplum tops!! I can live in skater skirts they are so cute

    xo Jackie
    ...livingaftermidnite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Good way to sort out how they style one piece in different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you read my mind. This style skirt has been on my radar as of late. I'm not even a fan of skirts, but the skater style just seems so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I came across your blog. I'm working at a fashion show tomorrow and was thinking of wearing my new skater skirt! Im deff gonna utilize some of your ideas :) Great post girly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram