Happy Friday!

Image via This week I: - Took my first ballroom dancing class in years. It was a basic class and I was afraid it might be too begi...

Image via

This week I:
-Took my first ballroom dancing class in years. It was a basic class and I was afraid it might be too beginner's level for me, but we learned swing and foxtrot, both of which I'd never learned before (although swing is a derivative of jive, which I'm familiar with), and it was so much fun. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy partner dancing! I had an Amazon Local deal that was going to expire if I didn't use it this month, so I'm glad I finally used it, and am looking forward to my twice a week classes. (Surprisingly, we were almost even for the number of men vs number of women, so that was nice!)
-Started my adult literacy volunteer training. Finally! It was our introductory class but we watched an NBC documentary called "A Loss for Words", and you could truly see these adults struggling to learn to read and write. It was inspiring, and really gave me an idea of what I'm getting myself into. I'm more determined than ever to do my part to help eradicate adult illiteracy, and to break the cycle of illiteracy. For more info or how you can help, click here.
-Attended my first Keaton Row social! It was great to finally meet the co-founders and the other people who help with our styling businesses every day. It was also great to be able to discuss how I'm doing (apparently I'm doing better than I thought I was!) and to just hear other people's experiences. I can't wait to keep styling! To sign up to be a stylist or to get styled by me, click here.

What are you up to this weekend? How was your week?

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Wow, such a productive week! Good for you, lady.

    Have a great weekend, Jess :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great weekend! you're amazing and doing so much, proud of you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very eventful week darling;) WOW, you do ballet!?!?!? Is there anything you dont know how to do? lol...im surprised to hear the men vs women ratio was almost even! i always find that ballerinas look sooo graceful and calm:) And i'm sure you hold these 2 traits too, hehe

    Good job on starting the adult literacy volunteer training, it must feel great to do such a good deal and to make a difference, no matter how big or small, i always say:)

    And once again, congrats on the Keaton Row styling business, you're truly good at what you do and i wouldn't doubt your sense of styling for a sec!

    Have a fab day gorgeous:D

    Cinz
    http://cinzee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram