ROAD TRIPPIN PLAYLIST

Summer is the best season for a road trip, and the US is the best country for it (in my opinion, anyway, although the road trip my fami...


Summer is the best season for a road trip, and the US is the best country for it (in my opinion, anyway, although the road trip my family did one summer around France was lovely as well!).

I am going on two short trips this month, D.C. this weekend, and then Boston at the end of the month. From NYC, both drives are roughly 4 hours. I currently only have a playlist for 1 hour's worth of driving time, and I'm pretty sure everyone in the car is gonna throw food at me if they hear the same songs four times in one sitting. (Plus, I'm already kinda sick of that playlist!)

On top of that, I feel like summer incites a different kind of playlist - it isn't about the Top 40 (which I have to confess that I love), it's about capturing that feeling that is uniquely summery. For example, Weezer's Island in the Sun, or Nikka Costa's Everybody Got Their Something, both of which I love every summer, no matter how old they get! And then there are the road tripping songs - I like to listen to some Red Hot Chili Peppers (like Crys did on her road trip to Oregon last weekend - she found our college mix!), and then mix in some Jack Johnson, John Mayer, and the like.

Now I just need to get on with it and come up with the actual playlist! (I'm open to suggestions...)

[Image]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram