NEW YORK SKY

I love this. The creator, Mike Bodge , literally takes a photo of the New York sky every 5 minutes, posts it, and somehow simplifies the co...


I love this. The creator, Mike Bodge, literally takes a photo of the New York sky every 5 minutes, posts it, and somehow simplifies the color to get an average color of the sky at that exact moment. It sounds boring, but look at the way the gray progressed to the blue to the purple to the darker blue to the darker gray...plus, when you hover over a color block, it reveals the actual photo of the skyline at that point in time.

A quote from him on NY Mag:
"My desk at work looks out onto a great view over Noho and the East Village. Every day I'm wow'd at not just the view itself, but also how quickly it changes hour by hour. I think a lot of New Yorkers draw inspiration from the skyline itself. I do a lot of small internet 'art' projects and the basic idea of tracking the sky popped into my head one day. It took a few iterations to boil it down to the simple form that it is in now of just the color blocks. It's something you can just look at and get it immediately."
Part of the reason I moved to NYC was just to be a part of all the creative energy, found in bits and pieces everywhere, and this is a great example of exactly what I mean.

[Click here to the get to the site.]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram