Reading List

I am happy to say I have another list of books to read - the worst is wanting to read something , but not knowing what. Here's my curr...

I am happy to say I have another list of books to read - the worst is wanting to read something, but not knowing what. Here's my current list:


1. The American Heiress - This has actually been on and off my reading list, but it was recently recommended to me again so it's back on! It's a novel set at the turn of the twentieth century about a wealthy American woman who marries someone in Europe with a title and no cash and everything that ensues thereafter. (I love a good historical fiction!)
2. The Romantics - I saw the movie recently, and although it wasn't the best, it did pique my interest. I read a review that said there's much more development of the characters and it's easier to understand their motivations in the novel, so I'm going to give it a try. (Josh Duhamel was yummy in the movie, fyi.)
3. Empress of Fashion - The story of Diana Vreeland! I love reading about inspiring women, especially inspiring women in fashion.
4. Understanding Exposure - I'm trying to make good on my resolution to learn how to use my camera, so this is step 1 towards educating myself on taking good pictures!
5. Gone Girl - I've heard so much about this that I have to read it too.

Have any of you read these? What did you think? What are you currently reading? Do share!


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Ohhhhhh I LOVED Gone Girl! You won't want to put it down! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read American Heiress on a flight home from somewhere. It was pretty good, but definitely not my favorite historical fiction novel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently reading "Gone Girl". At first a really liked it, it was dark, jaded, sort of social commentary. Then I got to the second half, and it seemed to go from a dark social commentary to a bad made for TV movie. Also I guessed the big plot twist in advance so that was annoying. I am actually getting board with it and finding it difficult to get to the end but I will finish it. The language is great though-the style of the writing and things that come out of the characters mouths.

    Ali of:

    www.dressingken.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally know the feeling! I always want to start a new one but don't always have the one I want ready to go. I have heard a lot about Gone Girl but haven't picked up on it yet. Sometimes I get nervous about "hyped" books since expectations start to rise and often they end up being much higher than they should be. Happens all the time with movies too.
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram