blogging Liebster award
The Liebster AwardWednesday, January 16, 2013
My friend from uni, Jen (and her sister Elena), of Tea for Two , nominated my little blog for The Liebster Award ! (Thank you ladies!!)...
My friend from uni, Jen (and her sister Elena), of Tea for Two, nominated my little blog for The Liebster Award! (Thank you ladies!!) The award is meant for blogs with less than 200 followers to increase readership and help discover new blogs along the way. As part of the award, I'm meant to answer their questions as well as share 11 facts about myself, so here goes!
Jen & Elena's questions:
1. What's the most rewarding thing about blogging, for you?
I just love having an outlet for my creative side, and I have always loved reading and following other people's blogs! Plus, I love that my sister & I work on my outfit posts together - it's fun to have a project with her.
2. What's your favourite book?
This is tough...I have so many! I recently re-read Pride and Prejudice though, so I'll go with that for now!
3. Are you a morning person, or a night owl, and why?
Definitely more of a night owl - I love curling up at night either with a book, my journal, or in front of the computer, doing something creative. It's quieter and just feels more conducive to thinking.
4. What are you hoping Santa brings you this year?
Anything from my wishlist would be lovely! Or a voucher for more ballet classes...
5. What's your favourite food?
Comfort food: grilled cheese sandwiches, mac and cheese, New England clam chowder, and sourdough bread. Nice food: filet mignon medium rare with a baked potato and bernaise sauce.
6. Who has been the biggest inspiration in your life?
I don't think it's really one person who's been a big inspiration - I think it's a combination of my parents, teachers I've had in the past, and books!
7. What's your favourite TV programme?
There are so many, but a few are Friday Night Lights, Friends, and Veronica Mars.
8. What's your favourite thing to do at the weekend?
See my friends!
9. Other than the current one, which era of history would you most like to have lived in?
The Regency period, in England! Sometimes I think I'd love to live in the English countryside and get fresh air and lots of walking in. (Disclosure: this may or may not be influenced by Pride and Prejudice.)
10. How many languages do you speak?
Fluently, English. Not so fluently, 3 dialects of Chinese.
11.Who would you most like to be trapped in a lift (elevator, for our non-English friends) with?
Ryan Gosling. (That was easy! ;) )
- I have a license but I hate driving - it still freaks me out, even though I also had a company car for about 10 months before.
- The first book I could ever read on my own was Dr. Seuss's The Cat in the Hat, and I remember the feeling so clearly that it inspired me to aspire to be a children's book editor (which is why I initially moved to New York!).
- I'm obsessed with Bath & Body Works' Fresh Balsam candle - I blame Jenn for this - I've already burnt one 3-wick one out in a week. (If there's a B&BW near you - go get one! It's on super sale and you can thank me later.)
- My favorite classes in high school were art and English.
- I sometimes forget that I studied law in college.
- I know how to samba, rumba, jive, and cha cha, but if I have a good partner who knows how to lead, I can pretty much fake any dance.
- ...I can't think of any more facts, so I'm going to stop here.
Finally, because I feel so self-indulgent about answering the questions above and sharing facts, please do tell me about yourself - either share facts with me, or answer the questions Jen & Elena put together...I don't mind, but I'd love to know more about you! :)