Brunch: Barbounia

TGIF! Was this the longest week ever, or what? By Wednesday I felt like it was Thursday, and yesterday I kept thinking it was Friday...and ...

TGIF! Was this the longest week ever, or what? By Wednesday I felt like it was Thursday, and yesterday I kept thinking it was Friday...and finally, Friday is here!

Last Saturday I went for brunch at Barbounia with a friend who used to live in NYC. It was her suggestion and I'd never heard of it, but of course my sister the food blogger knew exactly what it was while I was busy stumbling over the restaurant name when she asked where we were going!

I was randomly craving something sweet (which rarely happens), and decided to get pancakes with chocolate chips ($14.95 - $12.95 for pancakes, $2 extra for the chocolate chips). They were TDF (to die for)! Hot, the tiniest bit crispy around the edges, and melty chocolate chips on the inside. (I only wish I'd taken a photo after I cut into it!) They were sweet enough that I didn't feel the need use either cream or syrup, yum! The fact that it was presented on a ceramic "palette" instead of an actual plate just made it that much prettier, too.

 I really liked my friend's Moroccan Eggs ($14.95), made with tomato sauce, paprika, and garlic - spicy and very flavorful! My other friend's Turkish Eggs ($14.95) were a little too lamb-y for my particular taste, but my friend loved it!

Loved the Marilyn Monroe wall art! The high ceiling gives the restaurant so much space and a feeling of openness, and the layout of the restaurant is nice, too.

One special they have is the bottomless brunch deal - $17.95 for unlimited brunch cocktails. While not the BEST drunk brunch deal I've encountered in New York, that's not too bad either. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. oh my godddd i absolutely love chocolate chip pancakes! so goooood! and brunch is by far my fave meal. looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram