New York To-Do List

One thing I love about living in New York is all the culture and the art scene. With the holidays quickly approaching, it reminds me of a f...

One thing I love about living in New York is all the culture and the art scene. With the holidays quickly approaching, it reminds me of a few things I'd like to do in New York that I still have not gotten around to do. Well, there's really only one holiday-ish thing I'd like to do that I haven't done yet, but that thought triggered a few other things I'd like to do around the city at this time!

Image via NYCB

See The Nutcracker. I've seen both San Francisco and Hong Kong's ballet versions, but have yet to see the New York City Ballet version and I'd love to see it! I say that every year and still have not gone. Tsk tsk!

Image via The Met

See the Matisse exhibit at The Met - Matisse: In Search of True Painting. Although the Matisse Museum in Nice was a little disappointing, I still like Matisse and his use of colors and patterns and I'd love to go see this exhibit. (Starts Dec. 4th, member previews going on now.)


See the Beatrix Potter exhibit at The Morgan Library - Beatrix Potter: The Picture Letters. This is probably shameful, but I'd never even heard of The Morgan Library. I mean I have vaguely, but never really paid any attention until I saw a poster in the subway advertising this exhibit. As a lover of children's books and of children's book illustrations, I think this is a must for me! (Going on now through January 27th 2013.)


And finally, although previews don't start until January 25th, I want to see Cinderella on Broadway! I didn't realize this is the first time the Rogers & Hammerstein version will be on Broadway - I guess I always assumed it'd had its share of the limelight on Broadway previously. Cinderella was one of the musicals I participated in (as the Coach Driver, no less) in high school, so I'm very familiar with it! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I had no idea they were bringing Cinderella to Broadway! That's a must see! So excited now! xo
    Best, M.
    http://fadedmstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally go the National Ballet of Canada's Nutcracker every year - such a wonderful holiday tradition! Hope you make it this year!
    xo K
    www.lilieslattesandlace.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram