All That Glitters

Top: Topshop (in stores) | Skirt: James Perse | Clutch: J. Crew ( similar in mint) | Shoes: Sergio Rossi ( similar ) | Lace B...




Top: Topshop (in stores) | Skirt: James Perse | Clutch: J. Crew (similar in mint) | Shoes: Sergio Rossi (similar) | Lace Bra: American Apparel

Apologies for the radio silence around here - things got pretty busy what with going to Seattle and then coming back and temping and then it being the fourth with people visiting - I feel like I haven't caught a breath until now!

Anyway, on to the outfit above - I fell in love with this top the moment I walked into the store - the beading is gorgeous and I love the simplicity of the white silk, and of course the fact that it's nice and flowy for this ridiculously hot summer we're having. At first I wasn't sold on the hole in the back, then realized I could always keep it classy by throwing a cardigan on top (it's pretty but demure from the front), or wear it for a night out with a black lace bra underneath. Solved!

You will probably know by now that I adore a simple black and white outfit, but I had to add a little color with these bright purple heels I scored at the Barneys Warehouse Sale last fall. They're the perfect shade of my favorite color, and I love the look of a caged shoe. Plus, they add just the right amount of edginess to an otherwise pretty outfit - at least in my opinion!

I hope everyone had a happy fourth!

Photos by Lauren

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. i LOVE your shoes.

    lets get together soon. I'm working in the city now.

    Taylor
    www.whiskey-ginger.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon! Happy birthday! And yes let's def get together soon! :) xo

      Delete
  2. Yeah..umm..that shirt. I love it!!! The pop of color with your shoes really pulls the whole look together. xoLili

    www.satinandscotch.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous top and those shoes are an amazing score!! Love the purple color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing top! Love the details! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with tops that have embellishment lately–this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Head over heels for the embellishment, feels vintage but updated with the cut out in the back! lovely shirt!

    Leaner By The Lake

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that gorgeous top on you, and what fabulous shoes!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the pop of color in your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely top! I went to Topshop in HK a few weeks ago and sadly, it wasn't too much of a fuss for me,lol...i remember the stuff being way nicer when i was livin in London. But your Topshop top is definitely a winner!

    Cinz
    http://cinzee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram