Happy Friday!

How was your week? I had a pretty cool week, all in all! Necklace: mark. // Shirt: J. Crew ( similar ) // Skirt: Madewell (kind of si...

How was your week? I had a pretty cool week, all in all!

Necklace: mark. // Shirt: J. Crew (similar) // Skirt: Madewell (kind of similar)

I met Kelly Cutrone (at a Levo League event - the first that I've actually attended since signing up months ago!), who is actually so much cooler in real life than on TV (TV tends to play up her blunt/frank/what-may-be-perceived-as-bitchy side), and so inspiring. I read her book, If You Have to Cry, Go Outside this week and found out so much about her that I didn't know before. Her bottom line career advice: figure out who you are, and what you are meant to be doing, then chase after it and work as hard as you have to to be who you are! 

I have to say, those are some words that have just reinforced everything I've been thinking about lately. Sometimes it really does feel like "everything happens for a reason" and "timing is everything" - I seem to be getting the same message consistently lately, so I'm going to take it as a sign and really figure out what it is I should be doing career-wise, and then I'm going to chase after it like nobody's business. (To watch the talk that I attended, click here.)

I also managed to exercise 4 out of 5 days this week, which is pretty good. My goal now is just to do something active every day, or really try to. Since I didn't do anything yesterday I'm definitely going to exercise today! I'm excited about getting in shape and feeling stronger!

(I'm just going to put this out there because people always ask - the person behind me is my sister's bf and he was standing on a ledge. I am not tiny, and he isn't a giant. lol)

And finally, I'm psyched for the Super Bowl on Sunday - GO NINERS! I'm attending a friend's Super Bowl party and painting my nails red and gold for the occasion (of course, an occasion like this calls for its own mani - plus those colors work well for Chinese New Year the weekend after, haha).

If I were hosting a Super Bowl party though, I'd make this Buffalo Chicken Dip:

Image via

So please someone try the recipe and tell me how it was!

What are you looking forward to this weekend??

Photos 1 & 2 via my Instagram

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. WOOO!!! GO NINERS!!! I cannot even begin to describe the anxiety and excitement I have right now. Nerdy much? lol

    So cool you got to meet Kelly Cutrone. Even cooler to hear that she's much more than what she seems on TV. =)

    Happy Friday!

    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome you got to meet Kelly Cutrone - she's an amazing business woman and so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun week! So jealous you got to meet Kelly Cutrone! I LOVE her! lol

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.HeyLoveBlog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! :)

latest on instagram